1. Meditate while grounded. This means that you have part of you connected to the earth. New research has found that grounding or earthing increases overall health and reduces anxiety.
2. Look at a tree or another plant and notice how it just is, without having to fight against wind or other forces. It moves with it, without trying to change it.
3. Try having a calming or energizing tea or food before meditating. This could include Reishi Mushroom extract or even Dark or Raw Chocolate. Dark Chocolate, for some people, has a calming yet energizing effect that encourages contentment and alertness. See if this or other foods help you to be more "in the moment" during meditation.
4. Drink water and focus on the flowing aspect of it, especially as you absorb it. This might help you tune into that aspect of yourself. Having a cup of springwater next to you might be very helpful.
5. Do EFT first or just tap on some of the spots. This could help by increasing calmness and overall energy flow.
6. Let go of something that creates tension in you. This can bring you to a meditation-like state without trying to meditate. Letting go is a very powerful way to increase your ability to meditate.
7. Listen to music that utterly inspires you and connect with that sense of upliftment.